Made from natural fibres, wool carpet is renewable, warm, luxurious and durable.
- The unique fibre structure makes it strong, hard-wearing and naturally stain resistant.
- Wool carpets absorb noise, are naturally flame resistant and the insulation properties keep your home warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Wool fibres are 100% natural, renewable and biodegradable.
- The luxurious finish makes it ideal for living areas, bedrooms and family homes.
- It is at the pricier end of the carpet spectrum but is exceptionally high in quality.
Triexta is a fibre made with 37% renewably sourced polymer, derived from corn sugar.
- Triexta is a high end carpet fibre that is both durable and luxuriously soft.
- It has a built-in natural stain resistance and can be cleaned with just cold water.
- Its resistance to fading makes it perfect for protecting it from natural sunlight indoors.
- The durability and softness make it kid and pet friendly and a popular choice for busy living areas.
Nylon is a synthetic, man-made fibre that is tough and durable.
- Nylon carpets are affordable and have added stain resistance.
- As dyes work exceptionally well with nylon there is a huge range of colour choice.
- It is a versatile fibre that is available in many carpet styles.
- Its resilience makes it ideal for high traffic areas such as family rooms, living areas, stairs and hallways while retaining its plushness.
- Also perfectly suited to families with children and pets.
As the name suggests, wool blend carpets are a mix of wool and other fibres.
- Wool blend carpets are most often a mix of 80% wool and 20% synthetic fibre but are available in varying blends, including the latest Wool Bamboo Fibre Blend.
- Wool and synthetic blends give the benefit of synthetic and wool carpet – the durability of synthetic fibres and the natural, luxurious feel of wool. Mixing synthetic fibre with wool helps to hold the twist definition in some carpet styles, improving the durability and reducing shedding from short fibres.
- Wool Bamboo Fibre Blend carpets bring the benefits of two sustainable, high performing materials to the floor for luxurious softness, durability and natural style.
Polyester carpet is a man-made material that is affordable with a traditional velvety quality.
- Polyester is a more affordable synthetic fibre.
- Built in colourfastness make it fade and stain resistant.
- Well suited to low traffic areas such as a study, guest room or a child’s room.
Polypropylene is an inexpensive man-made synthetic fibre.
- Very affordable carpet.
- Usually manufactured into loop style carpets, polypropylene carpets are suitable for low traffic areas.
- Ideal for rental properties or play rooms.